Kakamega County Governor Wycliffe Oparanya has reshuffled his cabinet in a move that he says, its aimed at providing sufficient services to the people of Kakamega County.
Here are the changes in various departments.
- Dr. Beatrice Awimbo Sabana has been appointed to serve in the department of Finance, Planning, and ICT.
- Ms. Rodah Awinja Masaviru is the new CEC of Public Service and Administration.
- The New CEC for health is Dr. Collins Kizito Matemba
- Roads, Energy and Public Works will be headed by Mr. Geoffrey Nafukho.
- Education, Science, and Technology will be headed by Dr. George Akolo Lutomia
- Social Services, Youth, and Culture will be headed by CEC Dr. Kassim Were Ali.
- Trade, Industrialisation, and Tourism is under Mr. Alfred Ouya
- Mr. Phanuel Kulati Wangwe is appointed as the new CEC Water, Environment and Natural Resources
- Robert Makhanu has been moved to head Lands, Housing, Urban Housing, and Physical planning
- Agriculture, Irrigation, Cooperatives, Livestock, veterinary services, and fisheries will be under Rachel Jahula Okumu.
The Acting Chief Executive Officer in the Kakamega County Investments and Development Agency is Mr. Joseph Obonyo while John Baraza Wangwe is the Acting Chief Kakamega County Microfinance Cooperation.